"Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure." Marianne Williamson

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Know what you want EXACTLY

When I was a little kid my mom wanted me to play an instrument. A little thing called MTV brought my attention to hard rock and heavy metal bands like Van Halen, Motley Crue and Guns N' Roses and I fell in love with the drums. My objective was never so crystal - I was going to learn drums so I could play along to my favorite songs like my favorite drummers. While much of my life has been marred with indecision, the one thing I ever did with total and complete determination was play the drums. It started before I even had drums with air drums, tapping on table tops, playing with chopsticks. Then I took lessons and my parents bought me a drum kit. When I started I had no interest so much in fame or wealth - it was just the funnest and most natural thing I could imagine in the world - the question of why do it was absurd like asking someone why they listen to their favorite music or eat their favorite food? I never considered the possibility that I would not learn to be a good drummer. I just did it.

I wish for everyone clarity of purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment